2016年6月21日 星期二

A Letter to ssamba


(I guess English is easier than Chinese for you to read, so I did a translation myself, haha~)

Dear ssamba,

Hi, I’m a reader of Fluttering Feelings from Taiwan.

This is the first time that I write such a letter like this to a total stranger. Even so, I still had a lot of words which I don’t know where to begin with for you… After knowing your news, it has taken me a couple of days to organize my thoughts. I guess, let’s just start from where it all began.

Fluttering Feelings was published on the Taiwan Comico since the September of 2015, and I first met it on the February of 2016. I still remember the day when I got so addicted after reading the 1st chapter, that I kept on finishing the rest of 63 chapters non-stopping from 11 to 3’o clock in the midnight. During the long-term hiatus, I also read it from the beginning  all the way to end again and again. Moreover, I adapted it into novels by myself (I apologize for being so offending by doing this. I hope you wouldn’t mind.) ... Sounds crazy right?

It’s hard for me to tell how deep I love this story and how much it meant to me. Actually, I’m also an quiet and solitary introvert who is not good at speaking or getting along with others, thus facing lots of difficulties and troubles in my daily life and work. Through this story, I realized what the feelings of people were about, and I were able to review myself within as well. This story also made me through the hard times while working by uplifting my emotion with the plots I remember so clearly. There is always a grin on my face whenever I read this story and think of No-rae and Seol-a.

I like No-rae’s easygoing and tender. I also like Seol-a’s straightforward and simple. I like the interactions between them as well. Their innocent and pure cares for each other are so real that I feel that they are like the long lost friends of mine whom I never met. Through this comic, I’ve also seen you, dear ssamba,  sharing the story neatly and sincerely with us.

That’s why I felt so shock and extremely devastating when I noticed your post on the blog. Finding you drawing the two pictures of No-rae and Seol-a with your kind concerns to the readers, I felt so heartbreaking that I almost burst into tears. “Yup, this is the way ssamba is,” I thought. I was also thinking that it is too unfair for you to bear the sickness like this. But since you, the one who had the most right to complain about the suffer, had left your sadness behind to speak of the truth calmly, I will leave the sadness behind as well and say the words of thankfulness below to you with my best sincerity.

Dear ssamba, you said it was a great luck of you to had drawn a story like this. I want to let you know, readers like us, who were able to enjoy this unique and warm story by the hand of an considerate and talented author like you, were much luckier.

Dear ssamba, you said you felt sorry that  you might not be able to complete the whole story. I want to let you know, even though the story seems like it may not be ended in the future, the throbs it once gave me will never be forgotten, and they will be cherished at the bottom of my heart.

Dear ssamba, I also want to let you know, after your notice was published, ALL the readers of Fluttering Feelings from ALL over the world (Taiwan, Germany, Philippines, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Russia, Thailand, America, Portland, Australia, Brazil, China, etc., you name it!) were praying for you that you get healthy again. If you have had a chance, please check out this link: “http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/10056-fluttering-feelings-fans-unite-hang-in-there-ssamba”. These comments are ALL blessings from your readers.

Dear ssamba, to me, what really matters now isn’t that whether this story will make it to its end or not. What really matters the most now is that whether you are in good health or not. I’ve got so much from the story, and now I hope to give you at least the mental support during this moment of your life, even it’s little.

A reader once commented, “Fluttering Feelings isn’t a story about a girl falling in love with another girl. It’s a story about a person falling in love with another person.” Right at this moment, I’m praying that you conquer the sickness, with my fair position and emotion, and with the purity which the sentences above had shown.

Whenever you feel tired, sorrowful, painful that you want to give up everything, PLEASE remember that me and all the readers of Fluttering Feelings are here with you with our endless love and care. We had your back, so PLEASE do what ever you want to. Truly, no one knows what might happen in the coming days, and we will be more than thankful to see you back safe and sound, just like the deal you’ve made with us in the long term hiatus notice, if possible. But it is also fine if you decide to stay the way it is now. No matter what, we will be right here with you always. ALWAYS.

DEAR SSAMBA, GET WELL SOON. CHEER UP AND CHIN UP!
쌈바! 빨리 회복하세요! 화이팅!

From Skywalksoul, a reader from Taiwan

沒有留言:

張貼留言

女大生的情誼,若有似無的怦然。